Daily Tarot October 1, 2013

LLqueenpent (1)

Today we have a royal! The Queen of Pentacles! Isn’t that nice for a change? Royals are probably the most difficult cards in the deck to figure out.  This is because they can represent a specific person or they can represent the energy of the suit applied to a situation. In a reading, much depends on the question and the surrounding cards in order to determine the possibilities for interpretation. I like to think of Royals as advisers. Queens ask you to feel as they feel. The Queen of Pentacles is generous, nurturing and supportive. She is loyal and trustworthy, keeps her word and she doesn’t spread gossip. If someone comes to you today seeking your support and guidance you won’t let them down. Let them know you got their back and they can count on you for support.

Advertisements

19 thoughts on “Daily Tarot October 1, 2013

1. Nicole says:

Court cards really confuse me! I’m never sure if I’m supposed to be emulating them, avoiding emulating them, or be on the lookout for someone who does lol
    I just need to practice more 🙂

• geekyg1rl says:

Hi Nicole,

Court cards challenge our intuition the most. I’ll tell you what really helped me. First I ask myself if I think it might be the significator, (representing the person I am reading for), if it’s not, then I determine if it could be someone in their lives. (Determining these two things really depends on what is going on in the reading and the surrounding cards… AND what your gut is telling you). After that then go by this:

Pages: Tell you to bring that energy into your life. They are also related to the ACE of the suit ie: news about something NEW beginning.

Knights: Tell you to move one direction or the other. For example, Knight of wands, if you have a tendency to be impulsive he’s a warning that this time you’d better slow down or look before you leap. On the other hand, if you have a tendency to be cautious now is the time to act! See what I am getting at? It depends upon the personality of the person you are reading for.

Queens: Ask you to feel what they are feeling. For example, Queen of Wands asks you if you are feeling strong and confident.

Kings: Tell you to act as they would act. For example, King of Wands tell you you need to be a strong leader, take control, act boldly.

Does this help?

2. There’s a lot more masculine energy in the deck that feminine energy, so when a queen comes up, it’s a day to savor. Rejoice. Although, as Rick says, women can get you in a lot of trouble.

• geekyg1rl says:

Do you think so? Hm. I have to disagree… the cards are pretty balanced. Rods and swords being masculine energy, cups and pentacles being feminine, pages can go either way but mostly feminine, knights masculine, queens feminine, kings masculine.

Major Arcana are more difficult to determine, some of them are obvious but some have balance within the meanings themselves….

• All the references I’ve used refer to pages as “he,” so I don’t know anything about the “mostly feminine” aspect of pages (I’m definitely interested to know more about that). That would make 3/4 of the court cards masculine and definitely tips the balance.

• geekyg1rl says:

I know… its that English language thing and it’s bend towards the masculine… not that the card is bent towards the masculine. Pages represent youth, either male or female. I’ve only come across one book where sometimes they are referred to as He and sometimes She. This author also did the same with the Knights. THAT certainly surprised me. I have seen some decks that have princesses instead of pages.

3. geekyg1rl says:

When I say that Pages are “mostly feminine” I am thinking in terms of the energy … I guess I “feel” them as mostly feminine because to me they represent bringing energy in rather than sending energy out…

• Not sure how I feel about that answer.

• geekyg1rl says:

What, the part about bringing energy in rather than sending energy out?

• Yes. I mean, in the purest/simplest sense, equating giving/taking to masculine/feminine based on sexual mechanics makes some sense. Like calling an electrical plug male or female. But on the other hand, that generalization seems so gender stereotyped.

• geekyg1rl says:

I’ve heard others say the same… what you have to realize is that we ARE talking in terms of generalities when we are talking about “principles”, and generalizing between two ends of the spectrum. Even stating that darkness and the moon is feminine and light and the sun is masculine is a generalization about energy fitting into one or the other bothers some people. There are some cultures who have sun goddesses and some that have moon gods. The whole process of dividing it into one or the other is based on
        stereotyping.

• geekyg1rl says:

Also, as we see from history, it’s too easy when separating into dichotomy to equate one with evil and one with good.

4. Nurturing, for example, is clearly feminine. I don’t even feel like that’s stereotyping. But nurturing is giving, not receiving. So I’m not sure it’s even a good metaphor.

• geekyg1rl says:

Keep in mind that we are talking about the “principles” of masculine and feminine, not “people”. If we are talking about PRINCIIPLES we need to GENERALIZE in order to sort them into the dichotomy of one or the other. However, if we are talking about PEOPLE then we are STEREOTYPING. Whe we apply the principles to people, we need to recognize that people contain elements of BOTH of the principles of masculine and feminine regardless of gender. If we don’t keep this distinction clear, then yes, it becomes too easy to say “men are one way and women are another way”. If having to place “nurturing” under either feminine or masculine principle, then it would go under the feminine HOWEVER if we are talking about PEOPLE who contain both principles regardless of gender, men can be as nurturing as women. The principles while acting WITHIN people are not an either or, they are more like a scale or a line some men are more or less nurturing than others and some women are more or less nurturing than other women and some men are more or less nurturing than some women.

If you don’t keep the distinction clear between Principles and People, it BECOMES stereoptyping. Women being associated with all that is dark, and darkness being associated with evil, and men being associated with light and light being good. See what I mean?

The whole Tarot is based on the symbology of the principles. Pages are usually considered to be neutral, however, BECAUSE when I see a page in a reading it often means to me that you need to bring that kind of energy into your life I see them as LEANING towards the more feminine side. HOWEVER that energy can be a masculine energy such as the page of wands…. there is always balance. Other readers may interpret pages differently.

“Yes. I mean, in the purest/simplest sense, equating giving/taking to masculine/feminine based on sexual mechanics makes some sense. Like calling an electrical plug male or female. But on the other hand, that generalization seems so gender stereotyped”

Keeping in mind the distinction between “stereotyped” and “generalized” in regards to people / principles, this really isn’t any more so than the rest of the tarot. Rods and swords being phallic symbols and they energy associated with those as being masculine, Ie creative, venturesome, explosive, career associated with rods and thought, clarity, swiftness associated with swords vs. cups and pentacles being associated with the womb, going within, ie intuition, feeling, emotion with cups and all things of home and stability being associated with pentacles. If we forget we are talking about principles and start applying those to people, we’d be saying that all men are creative, energetic, intellectual go getters and all women are touchy feely homebodies. See what trouble we get into when we confuse principles with people? It’s caused a whole mess in our society.

5. Thank you for the link! Glad to have found you. Namaste _/l\_